I’ll tell you what most guys do when they like a girl, even if they want to hide that they like you or want to appear “cool” so that they don’t blow their cover – you can still look for certain signals that will give them away.
Have a crush on a guy but not sure if the feeling is mutual? Or maybe you’re curious as to whether that guy checking you out is doing so out of interest in you or he’s just staring at the poster behind your head? Whatever the reason for your need to know, there are a few fairly certain ways of working out that a guy’s definitely interested in you––or not!
- He comes up to you.Whether in a bar, club, café, in a crowd, or in the office, a guy who likes you will find a way to approach you and get closer to you. If he comes up to you and initiates conversation, he either wants to hit on you or is really digging you.
- He leans in.You can tell if a guy likes you just by observing his body language. If he leans in while you talk to him, even if he can hear you perfectly well, then that’s a cue. He just wants to be close to you, and his leaning in shows that you have his undivided attention
- He completely ignores you.On the opposite spectrum of subtle attraction is the “playing hard to get” act that many guys play. While there are those who wear their hearts on their sleeves, there are also those who would rather play it cool.
- He acts disinterested.Another strategy guys use is acting like they’re not interested in you. You may try to ask him some random question and he’ll just lazily lean back and give you a short answer. Mixed signals like this are a sign that he’s trying to hide an attraction. It is when guys are neutral that they really are not into you.
- His body is turned towards you.Even when he’s on the other side of the room talking to his friends, you’ll know the guy is into you when his body is turned towards you. His feet or his chest may be pointed your way, and this could mean that he is highly aware of you even if he doesn’t seem to show it.
- No such thing as “free.”Whether it’s insisting to pay for your drink, cover your bill, or just take you out for coffee, if it’s on him, there’s obviously some strings attached. It may just be a few cups of coffee on random days, or just a cocktail at a bar, but these little things add up
- What are your digits?If a guy comes up to you and ends up asking for your number, then that’s just it, he likes you. He may think up some reason to get your number with a clever pickup line, or just ask you outright. Either way, he just wants to have a way to keep in touch with you… and maybe even finally ask you out.
- Social stalker?He adds you on Facebook and follows you on all your other social media accounts. This is because he wants to know what you’re like, the things you’re up to, and maybe if you have things in common. Extra points if he’s liking and commenting on all your posts like an avid social media fan!
- He’s checking you out.Not only is he checking you out on social media, he is also checking you out in real life. Guys are just naturally wired to be drawn to your assets. So if you catch him following you with his eyes as you walk away, or sneaking a glance at your boobs while you talk to him, that just means he likes what he sees
- Eye contact.Of course, it’s not just about your body. Does he look at your eyes or stare at you a little more lingeringly? Check out his pupils, too, because if his pupils are slightly dilated, then that’s a primal sign that he’s attracted to you.
11. Self-conscious squirrel. If a guy talks to you and you feel some sort of tension or awkwardness when the conversation stops, it’s a good sign. He might be thinking about what to say next that will impress you. He might also be overly critical of how he comes across to you, and he will also try to fix his hair, straighten his shirt, square his shoulders, and stand a bit taller—in short, he’ll preen himself.
12. Mr. Smiley Face. If he smiles a lot, especially when you look at each other or when you’re around, he’s undoubtedly into you.
14. Yes. Yes. Yes. Admit it, there’s nothing that can make you happier than someone who just agrees with everything you say. After all, you’re always right, right? While he may disagree with you in some areas as a way of having fun with you, a real indication that he likes you is when he always takes your side in every discussion or argument.
16. Random chats. He initiates online conversations with a cutesy emoji or a witty opening line. And this is out of the blue and very frequently. If the guy does that to you, then you know he was thinking about you during those times and wants to get your attention
17. Such a tease. A guy who likes you might also do his best to get your attention by teasing you. Trying to make you laugh is one of the best signs that he likes you. It’s like another form of flirting.
20. Alone time. A guy who likes you will want to be alone with you. Whether he’s a long-time friend, an officemate, or a guy you’ve just met, he’ll likely ask you to change venues and go somewhere more quiet or private where you can both talk and get to know each other better.
24. The smallest things. Since a guy who likes you pays close attention to you, he will also remember every little detail about you. He’ll even delve deeper into the things you say just to get to know you better. If he brings up something you said from before, or if he remembers what you wore, it’s most likely because he likes you.